“A Voice at The Fire: Invitations To The Spirits”
Writing Invitations to the Kindreds
- Invocation – Beings Within (think “Drawing Down” and “Horsing”)
- Evocation – Beings Without (Inviting to be present at the ritual)
Memorize bookends & formulas if possible
Hey, you’re a god!
Here’s why you’re awesome!
We’re honoring you on this day.
Here’s your offering.
It’s appropriate to give to you for this celebration because Reasons.
Here’s how it is given to you and how you receive it.
Yay, god! Take your gift!
Types of Prayers:
Types of Rituals:
- Solitary (1) -private
- Small Group (2-10) – intimate; everyone knows what’s going on; everyone welcome to speak
- Medium Group (11-30)– some may be unfamiliar with what is going on; most people still welcome to speak
- Large Group (31+) – many may be unfamiliar with what is going on; speaking parts generally scripted; praise offerings welcomed, but perhaps not in verbal form
- Extra Large Group (70+) – celebrants guiding/leading; may be the only ones who are speaking or know what’s going on; praise offerings sometimes welcomed, rarely in verbal form
Literary Devices & Descriptive Language:
Excellent book is Writing With Stardust by Liam O’Flynn
- Active verbs
- 3×3 descriptions
- extended metaphor
- parallel structure
Write Your Own:
Full COoR; parts divided amongst participants